The Huawei Band 3 Pro is one of the most affordable yet high performing fitness trackers. However, it’s still prone to some errors like not counting your steps. This can be quite frustrating, especially when all you want is to hit the road and crash those fitness goals.
These common errors affect every related product in the market. So, a little troubleshooting is all you need to fix them. Here are a few questions and answers to help you zero in on the nature of your problem and a proper fix.
Why Isn’t My Smart Watch Counting My Steps?
Fitness trackers technology is quite complicated. But, a little knowledge can help you close in on your particular problem. Smart-wearables like your Huawei band 3 Pro have integrated pedometers, which measure your steps.
They also have smart sensors (Three-Axis accelerometers) and sophisticated algorithms. These two technologies are combined to record your range of motion and compile all your vital data. So, it’s no surprise when there are a few errors.
Sometimes the device can record your arm motions as steps. That’s why your fitness band at times dismisses some slow movements. There’s such a wide range of motion in the human body that your devices algorithms have to calculate. This can lead to false-positive results.
The following steps help to ensure that your device is configured for more accurate results:
- Did you read the manual before taking the band out for a spin? This may sound like an obvious question, but it’s vital to understand how a device works before using it.
- You didn’t download the companion app for your phone. Fitness and activity trackers require you to download and install the application on your Mobile phone or device. Then you’ll also need to pair/link the band to the phone.
- The companion App may be installed but with the wrong configuration. Many users either don’t know how to configure the features on the App or forget to do so. It’s the best way to get a customised experience and accurate readings.
- The tracker may not be paired to your smartphone. Always ensure your band is connected to your phone via Bluetooth. This is also helpful as all your stats and data will be stored on your smartphone. You can access them anytime you want.
- You may be walking too slowly. This device’s sensors work more effectively when you walk faster. Your arms move more rapidly when you run or walk faster, thereby, triggering the sensors.
- The device may need you to take more than ten steps. This eliminates false positive step counts. So, take at least 15 steps before dismissing your band.
- When was the last time you charged your band? Please ensure your device has an adequate battery life for it to count your steps more accurately.
- An outdated App could cause an error. Please ensure you have the latest update if you want the device to function correctly.
- The tracker may not be paired to your smartphone. Always ensure your band is connected to your phone via Bluetooth. This is also helpful as all your stats and data will be stored on your smartphone.
A few more reasons that lead to an inaccurate step count:
How Do I Turn on My Pedometer on Huawei Band 3 Pro?
Huawei’s integrated pedometer is essential to an accurate step count. It also motivates you to maintain an active lifestyle, thanks to various additional functions. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to go through the manual to learn all you can about your band.
You can try the following if your pedometer feature is still causing you some frustrations:
- Ensure that your Huawei Band 3 Pro is on and has a sufficient charge.
- Download and install an up-to-date app.
- Access the “Settings” menu.
- Look through the options to find the “steps mode”. You may need to configure the App to state whether you’re (or aren’t) wearing it on your dominant arm.
- Take at least 15 steps to eliminate any false-positive results and to help the device acquire an idea about how you move.
- Keep walking or running to enjoy better results.
If you’ve followed all the steps and it still doesn’t work, it may be a good time to look at your warranty card. Contact your dealer or the manufacturer and tell them the nature of your problem. That’s why it’s wise to keep all your receipts and warranty information in a secure place.
Collect as much information about the problem, so it’s easier for them to find a proper fix. You can get a replacement for your faulty device or a full refund. You could also get them to repair your device free of charge, depending on your return policy.
How Do I Get Steps on My Huawei Phone?
Here’s how to go about it.
a) If you don’t have a Huawei Band 3 Pro
You can get your steps on your Huawei Phone even when you don’t have a fitness tracker. Follow the following steps:
- Turn on “Mini Screen view.”
- Go to “Settings”
- Then click on “Screen lock & passwords.”
- Enable “Show step count on lock screen.”
Now your phone will display your steps even when the screen is locked.
b) If you have a Huawei Band 3 Pro
If you have a band, then it just a matter of properly pairing it to your Huawei smartphone or device. This can be done via Bluetooth and through Huawei’s proprietary health app.
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone.
- Ensure that the band is close to your phone before proceeding.
- Ensure you have installed an updated version of the Huawei Health App.
- Access the settings on your Huawei health app.
- Go to “Touch Me”
- Select your Huawei Band 3 Pro on the “My Devices” menu
- Now click “Pair.”
- You devices will reconnect automatically each time you disconnect them.
- If you experience any more issues, restart both devices and try again.
The Huawei 3 Band Pro will help you stay active and get fit. However, it’s prone to a few inconsistencies that affect the product’s accuracy. Reading the manual and setting-up the right configurations will eliminate most of these errors.
This device is simple to use as it presents easy to read data. It may not be 100% accurate; that’s why updating the software, and the firmware is necessary. Such updates contain “Bug Fixes” which eliminate errors. The technology behind this device is continuously updated, so please keep up with the updates.
Now it’s clear why your Huawei 3 Band Pro isn’t counting your steps. We hope these suggestions will help you fix the issue. We also hope that you’ll keep up with your fitness goals and bookmark our site for more useful tips on Huawei and other devices.
My huawei band 3 step counter doesnt show the first page – the time. It comes up as 4 question marks. How do I fix it