Over the years, I’ve bought and used many different fitness trackers. I like switching my gadgets every year or so because technology evolves rapidly, and I like trying out newer, advanced features and functionalities. That said, there’s one thing I’ve never ditched, even while switching smartwatch brands: NOOM.
NOOM is one of the reasons why I’m an exceptionally fit individual whose life revolves around healthy habits like eating nutritious foods and managing stress. Besides yours truly, this app is helping over 45 million people lose weight and stay active. If that doesn’t include you, it’s time to join the bandwagon.
Having said that, NOOM works seamlessly with different health and fitness trackers. I’ve listed 3 of my personal favorites below.
How We Tested
To determine compatibility with the Noom weight loss program, we dug into the app’s connected device ecosystems.
- Explored Features: we explored supported wearable brands, syncing timeframes, motivational inputs, and nutrition adjustable based on tracker metrics.
- Hands-on Testing: Testing involved using 6 top fitness bands simultaneously with Noom over 2 weeks, manually logging over 50 food entries.
- Tracking Features: We carefully noticed which trackers automatically pulled step, heart rate, and sleep data into metabolism insights. Those driving the most personalized Noom adjustments ranked highest.
Does Fitbit Work With Noom?
Noom syncs with Fitbit ideally, and it assists in tracking your steps and transfers them to the Noom application on your smartphone. However, the only challenge is that it takes some time before the information reflects on your Noom app.
1. Fitbit Charge 5 Advanced Health & Fitness Tracker
By 2022, Fitbit had 37 million active users. This brand has amassed a massive following because it makes some of the best fitness trackers available today, including my favorite Fitbit Charge 5. This is an advanced gadget with exciting specs galore, including a built-in GPS, which allows anyone using the smartwatch to track their outdoor activities and view the route they are working out via a precise map.
Another feature that makes Fitbit Charge 5 an outstanding fitness tracker is its health and fitness metrics. With this gadget, you can count the steps you take every day and calories burned. Additionally, it’s designed to help you monitor your current heart rate, resting heart rate, and heart rate zones.
Pros – What I Like
- The smartwatch is aesthetically appealing and is unisex. So both men and women can rock them and look fantastic while tracking health and wellness.
- With this product, you can track and manage your stress levels. This is indispensable in an era where stressors are plenty, from occupational burnout and major illnesses to divorce and job loss.
- This smartwatch tracks heart health and allows you to monitor your cardiovascular fitness.
- The screen is 2X brighter than the predecessor, Fitbit Charge 4. The additional brightness makes it easier for you to check anything on the display.
- It has a sleep that contains a wearer’s crucial sleep information, including sleep history for the week, time spent in different sleep stages, and sleep patterns.
- Women can use the smartwatch to track their periods and gain crucial insights into their period length, ovulation day, and estimated fertile window.
Cons – What I Don’t Like
- The gadget’s ECG app isn’t suitable for people aged 22 and below.
- Some users have reported that their fitness trackers frequently get stuck on the logo.
How to Connect Fitbit to Noom App
- Open the Noom app on your phone and go to the menu, where you can access the app’s settings. Noom App(Google Android or Apple iOS)
- In the settings, find and select the option to connect or pair additional devices and apps.
- Choose the option to add a new wearable device like a smartwatch or fitness tracker.
- From the list of wearables, select the Fitbit model that you want to connect.
- Accept the permissions requested by Noom to access your Fitbit profile information, exercise data, and device settings.
- Return to the devices section in the Noom app settings.
- Locate and tap the setting to choose the source for your step count data.
- Designate your connected Fitbit account as the step count data source to provide steps to Noom.
2. Garmin Venu Sq
One of the main reasons I’ve included Garmin Venu Sq in my review is the battery life. This smartwatch’s battery can last up to 6 days on a full charge. It can last that long while letting you track your activities and enjoy 24/7 heart rate monitoring. In smartwatch mode, the gadget can last up to 8 hours and 14 hours with on-device music playback and GPS mode, respectively.
Garmin Venu Sq also supports health monitoring. Once you acquire the gadget, you will be better positioned to track most things that influence your well-being, from energy and stress levels to hydration and estimated heart rate.
Pros – What I Like
- This smartwatch has excellent battery life.
- Its screen is bright and easy to see, even in direct sunlight.
- The gadget comes with 20 preloaded sports apps that help users find new ways to stay active.
- It displays smart notifications promptly, including phone calls, social media alerts, and text messages.
- The smartwatch supports contactless payments with Garmin Pay, so a wearer doesn’t have to haul around cash or cards.
- It’s equipped with safety features like incident detection, which alerts specific people when something adverse like an auto accident occurs.
Cons – What I Don’t Like
- You can’t receive a call or respond to a text directly using Garmin Venu Sq.
How to Connect Garmin to Noom App
- If you don’t already have the Noom app, download and install it on your smartphone. Open the app once downloaded.
- In the Noom app, navigate to the Settings section and find the option for Apps & Devices. Select Connect Additional Devices.
- From the list of wearables shown, choose the specific Garmin model that you want to pair with Noom. Tap to connect it.
- You may be prompted to allow Noom to access your Garmin account data. Grant permission so Noom can sync the activity information.
- Go back to Apps & Devices in Settings and pick the option to Choose Steps Data Source. Designate your connected Garmin account as the steps provider.
3. Apple Watch Series 7
The Apple Watch Series 7 is the epitome of sophistication and elegance. It’s good-looking, with an enchanting midnight case and a cute design. But what I find irresistible when it comes to this smartwatch is the display. As of today, the Apple Watch Series 7 has the largest display screen. It’s made of crack-resistant sapphire crystal and powered by Apple’s infamous Always-On function.
Furthermore, the Apple Watch Series 7 allows users to take an ECG anywhere and anytime. While using this smartwatch, you will receive regular notifications regarding your heart rate and rhythm. If the gadget senses irregular heart rhythm at some point, it will notify you immediately.
Pros – What I Like
- The screen is large, bright, and the easiest to see.
- You can make instant, secure payments using Apple Pay with this smartwatch.
- The watch has an advanced Mindfulness app that encourages users to spare a few minutes to recalibrate, focus, breathe, and reflect.
- It comes with a sleep app that lets you create sleep time goals and develop schedules for reaching set goals.
- Its battery takes less time than the gadget’s predecessors, including the Apple Watch Series 6.
Cons – What I Don’t Like
- The smartwatch is expensive.
- Its battery lasts less than 2 days.
How to Connect Apple Watch to Noom App
- Download and open up the Noom weight loss app on your iPhone. Note – this sync process is for iPhones, not iPads.
- In the Noom app, go to the Menu icon and tap to enter the app Settings.
- Scroll down and look for the “Apps & Devices” option. Select “Connect to Health App” under this menu.
- A pop-up will appear – tap “Yes, Let’s Go!” to confirm connecting Noom to the iPhone’s Health app.
- Return to the Apps & Devices section of Settings. Tap to choose your Steps Data Source.
- Designate the Health App Steps as the step count data source. If Noom’s own pedometer is already selected, switch to using the iPhone Health app for steps.
Why Won’t My Fitbit Sync With Noom
At times, there could be a technical hitch that may hinder Fitbit from syncing with Noom. If this occurs, you can try the following steps. The first thing will be to confirm if the two are connected by clicking on settings and choosing the apps and devices option. Next, you’ll need to select the steps for the data choice Source option to ensure that the Fitbit option is selected.
Additionally, you should note it’s not possible to use your Noom app from another device other than yours. This is because it results in disconnecting your tracker from the app.
What Apps Synch with Noom
Every health and fitness fanatic has heard of Noom, and many are using it to improve their well-being by staying active, eating better, and managing stress. If you hold this app dear, you may wonder if your next fitness tracker will be compatible with it. Let me answer your question by listing notable apps that sync seamlessly with NOOM and other devices.
- Apple Health: tailored For Apple smartwatches like the Apple Series 7 device mentioned here.
- Fitbit: This app enables people to use Fitbit gadgets like Fitbit Charge 5 to keep in tip-top shape and health.
- Garmin Connect: an app that allows you to monitor and share the activities that a paired Garmin device records.
- iHealth: lets you view and manage your health data from various devices, including your Android phone, iPhone, and iPad.
- Misfit: This companion app is designed for fitness enthusiasts who use Misfit wearable devices.
- Omron: used primarily by people with Omron gadgets.
- Qardio: This app makes it easier for fitness enthusiasts to manage their heart health from different gadgets running on IOS and Android operating systems.
- Runkeeper: a fitness-tracking app that helps you set fitness goals, train for them, and monitor your journey.
- Withings: a solution you can use even without a Withings fitness tracker.
- Y00: a simple app for developing and maintaining healthy lifestyle habits.
I’ve walked you through 3 of the best fitness trackers for NOOM: Fitbit Charge 5, Garmin Venu Sq, and Apple Watch Series 7. You now know what they offer and their shortcomings. My review has also introduced you to all the apps that sync with NOOM.
With this information, you can pick a good gadget that can sync with NOOM and take your health and fitness mission to a new level. Don’t forget to factor in their prices and read more online reviews before purchasing any device. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Which fitness trackers sync directly with the Noom app?
Fitbit trackers and smartwatches have direct integration with Noom. This allows for automatic syncing of activity data like steps, exercise, heart rate, and sleep. Other top trackers compatible with Noom include Apple Watch, Garmin, and Samsung Galaxy smartwatches.
What fitness data does Noom use from trackers?
Noom primarily uses step count, active minutes, and heart rate data from synced trackers. This data factors into your daily calorie budget. Noom also logs sleep duration from trackers.
How does syncing a tracker with Noom benefit you?
Syncing provides more accurate activity tracking to set your daily calorie budget. It also gives you credit for all exercise which aids weight loss. Accessing all your health stats in one Noom dashboard is very convenient.
Should you manually log exercise in Noom if you sync a tracker?
It is not necessary as synced activity is automatically pulled into the Noom app. But you can manually log strength workouts or additional activities not tracked via your wearable.
Which is better for Noom – a basic fitness band or a full smartwatch?
Smartwatches add more data like heart rate but basic trackers work fine if you want a budget option focused only on step counting. Choose based on your needs and budget.
Do fitness trackers work well with the Noom app on both Android and iOS?
Yes, Noom has integration with major fitness trackers and smartwatches on both Android and iOS. Just install the Noom app and sync your wearable data.
What should you look for in choosing the best fitness tracker for Noom?
Accurate step counting and sleep tracking are the main features to look for. Heart rate monitoring, smartphone notifications, long battery life, and a comfortable, wearable design are also useful.